Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yay for Cloth!



My Aunt Sandi just sent me the most wonderful gift: cloth diapers for Colt. He's wearing them in the pictures above. I have actualy been using cloth diapers since Colten was about two weeks old, and I really, really love them. I honestly believe that EVERYONE should be cloth diapering their babies. Disposables do come in handy sometimes, but man, what a diaster they are! Do you know that something like 10,000 TONS of disposable diapers are tossed into landfills each day, and that each one can take up to 500 years to decompose? Gross.

The thing with cloth diapers is that it's nice to have a lot of them. But you have to buy them. So if anyone was ever like, "hey, I need to buy Jessica (or Colten) a gift, but I don't know what to get her (or him)," well here you go.

Sandi gave me these wonderfully soft diapers made from bamboo (the fastest growing plant in the world, by the way!) from this woman's website:
http://www.mandismenagerie.com/

I have mainly purchased used (cheaper, you see) diaper covers from here:
http://www.thenaturallifestore.com/

Colten is quickly growing out of his Thirsties XS diaper covers. Time for size small.

Anyways, the point is this: cloth diapers = good

3 comments:

shutchins said...

Hey Jessica....I love your blog site and look forward to checking in on you weekly (as I'm sure we'll be lucky to hear news that often) Sooo pleased you like the cloth diapers and that you already where using them makes it even better. Thanks for posting Mandi's web site for others to enjoy, she'll be so pleased when I let her know.
This is such a great idea for keeping in touch. Congrats on the effort. Give Colten a kiss for his Great Aunt (Yipes that sounds odd) for giving us some time on the phone the other day.
Until next time ~ Love Aunt Sandi

Amanda said...

Hi Jessica,

This is Amanda from Mandi's Menagerie :o). I hope you like the diapers, I really enjoyed making them for you and they appear to fit Colten very well. I hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog from mine so that my readers could see your adorable little guy in the diapers and to see their fit. I took the liberty on weight at the time of photos. Just a couple of weeks earlier Sandi had said he was about 9 lbs., so I guessed 10 in the photos. If this is incorrect, please do let me know and if there's anything else that isn't right, I'd be more than happy to change it. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your blog is linked from mine. Sincerely,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Watching you be a mother is a beautiful thing.

I will be there hiking with Niko. I think that's a fantastic idea. Please give more info on where, when, how, etc. on facebook.

I look forward to seeing you and you're little angel.

Love,

Sara