Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just a blog


Nothing too exciting to report...I just feel like typing at the moment.



But let's see...Colten is 13 weeks now and so, so big. I think he may be 15 pounds (!). Is that possible?! He's such a good baby these days, sleeping well at night, going to bed easily, and spending lots of time just awake and happy. He's making all kinds of sounds lately and goes through a period each day where he tries to have a long conversation with whoever happens to be around. This evening he had a nice talk with Keri, our housemate.



He loves hanging out with his papa lately. Tim has a magic shoulder...Colten will be crying and fussing, but he'll chill out as soon as Tim puts him over his left shoulder. He's actually sleeping there right now while Tim watches Overboard. (I love that movie, by the way!). Tim's been doing some mega baby-watching lately while I'm away at work. On Wednesdays, I work from 1 to 7pm tutoring up at City College, and Tim's taken care of Colten all by himself for the past two weeks. I think sometimes it's easy for me to take it for granted that Tim's confident enough to watch him. After talking to other new moms, I've realized that not all men are so capable. It's been great for me - this morning I got to go surfing with friends for a few hours without even stressing over how long I'd be gone.


I can hear the baby fussing now...so I'd better be off.

No comments: