Friday, October 24, 2008

Silly hair, a long week, and a good dinner


(The picture is of boss-man Mike with Colten while I'm working at the beach!)

So Colten has the most ridiculous hair right now. RIDICULOUS. His head keeps growing and his hair just can't keep up. The result is really long hair in the front middle and sides, with a sort of bald looking patch right in the center. I think I'm going to have to trim around his ears to make the ridiculousness stop. So sad. I keep saying I'm going to do it, but I keep not doing it. Tomorrow...

Anyways. We just got back from too many days up at El Capitan Canyon, working for the Adventure Company. I wanted to work this trip so badly, but it ended up being so much more work than one small person can handle. It wasn't the Adventure Co. part that was so difficult...it was that combined with not being able to see Colten all day, not being able to pump for hours, then trying to pump leaned up against a tree off a trail somewhere, then trying to squeeze in nursing Colten in the few minutes I had between working, cooking, eating and cleaning; then sitting in a dark cabin and trying to pump again for the next day while watching my baby and my husband sleep. I'm still tired from it.

Tonight our friends John and Toni came over for dinner. They brought salmon...and it was goood. I made persimmon bread for the first time, and it was just ok. A little too sweet, maybe. But now I know. Someone a few houses down from us has a persimmon tree, so I'll try again real soon.

Colten is good, good, good. He really is great. Tomorrow he'll be four months old!! Yikes! how did that happen?! He's getting really big and very active. He hasn't quite figured out how to roll over yet, but he started working on it for the first time today. He's babbling more and more, and he enjoys batting at things and chewing on anything that comes within reach. I don't have any new pictures at the moment, so I'll have to take some tomorrow and add them later.

Guess that's all for now. I'll be sure to write when he finally figures out how to roll.

No comments: