Saturday, November 1, 2008

First Halloween

Bold
We can't keep his fingers out of his mouth these days

All the moms and babies



Colten had a great first Halloween. We met my Mamatoto group (a mothers' circle) at the Lane Farms pumpkin patch out in Goleta. There's not much for little babies to do at a pumpkin patch, so we mainly just propped them up against pumpkins and took lots of pictures. It was actually really fun. In the afternoon Tim and I took Colten in his stroller and walked Linden Ave in Carp, where all the local businesses were handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. We saw lots of little Harry Potters, a couple of UPS boxes, and a dirty laundry basket, my personal favorite. When we got home, we lit a fire in the fireplace (yay!), watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and handed out candy to kids (and one strange old lady) who came to the door. We had a good number of trick-or-treaters come by -- better than I expected. My favorite costume was a highschool kid dressed as a member of the Black Panthers.

This morning it's raining outside, so I got another fire going and am just hanging around the house with Colten. I love rainy-day schedule!

No comments: